We use electronic medical records (EMR), which allows information to be accessed rapidly and important information to be shared with consultants involved in your care.
In addition to diabetes education and treatment, we offer:
• Community screenings and educational programs
• Diagnosis and treatment of pituitary tumors
• Education for private and public school systems
• Hormone testing osteoporosis treatment
• Reading of bone density tests
• Thyroid evaluation, ultrasound and biopsy
• Treatment of cholesterol and lipid problems
Carolina Carb Counters is our free diabetes support group, open to anyone in the community with an interest in diabetes. We meet every first Thursday of the month from 1-2 p.m. in the Spartanburg Regional Outpatient Center (ROC), Suite 720 C, located at 853 North Church Street in Spartanburg.
The most common symptoms of diabetes include:
• Blurred vision
• Changes in weight
• Frequent urination
• Increased hunger
• Nausea and vomiting
• Increased thirst
• Numbness (lack of feeling) in hands or feet
• Skin infections and/or dry, itchy skin
• Slow healing of cuts and scratches
• Weakness and fatigue
If these symptoms appear suddenly, you should see your doctor immediately.