Our physicians specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. Our practice in the Regional Outpatient Center is designed to meet the needs of patients in both the hospital and in an outpatient setting. Experts within the specialty work to identify and treat infections that arise from exposure to infectious diseases, or that follow organ transplantation and other surgical procedures.
Focus areas for Regional Infectious Disease include:
- Antibiotic therapy
- Blood stream infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Central nervous system infections including meningitis
- Fever of unknown origin
- Fungal infections
- HIV infection and AIDS
- Infections associated with medical devices and procedures
- Infections associated with organ transplantation
- Infections related to compromised immunity (prevention and treatment)
- Parasitic diseases
- Postsurgical infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Travel-associated diseases (prevention and treatment)
- Viral infections
Two special services available are the HIV Clinic and Healthy Travelers-Travel and Geographic Medicine Clinic.
Patients benefit from expert physician care in addition to our nutritionist, mental health counselor and case management services.