Having Your Baby
While you’re in labor, you’ll be cared for by your own personal registered nurse who is trained in maternity care. An OB/GYN physician is in the hospital 24 hours a day, seven days a week, enabling us to provide consultations and handle emergencies quickly at any time of day.
Private Labor and Delivery Rooms
During your labor process, we want you to focus on one thing: having a healthy baby. To keep our patients and their support person comfortable, our labor and delivery rooms come equipped with:
- Birthing bed to accommodate a variety of birthing positions
- Recliner for you and your support person
- Private bathroom
- Television and telephone
- Private Mother-Baby Rooms
After you have had your baby, you will be moved to one of our Mother-Baby rooms. Here, you will have:
- Private bathroom with shower
- Sleep area for support person to stay overnight
- Glider rocker to help you bond with your baby
- Daily food menu selection and snacks
- Complimentary foot massage
- Free Wi Fi throughout the hospital
Your baby can stay with you in your room but if you need rest, our Mother/Baby Nursery is available to give you the break you need.
If you are having a Cesarean birth, the Center for Women is equipped with two operating rooms dedicated to Cesarean births. Mothers are closely monitored following surgery.
If your baby needs special care, Spartanburg Regional has a level III neonatal intensive care unit. Level III, or subspecialty NICUs, can care for newborn infants with extreme prematurity or who are critically ill or require surgical intervention.