Vascular Lab: Experts in Blood Flow & Stroke
Our team in the Vascular Lab evaluates and treats blood flow and blockages in the heart, brain and blood vessels throughout the body. We also evaluate patients for their risk for stroke. Treatments and tests are done both in the hospital and during outpatient appointments.
Some common conditions we evaluate and treat:
- Peripheral vascular disease (PVD), which affects blood vessels in the legs and arms.
- Blockage or reduction of blood flow to the legs and feet
- Blood clots deep in the veins of the body, a condition called deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Varicose veins
- Aneurysms, or weak walls of a blood vessel, including those in the abdominal aorta
For stroke patients and those at risk for stroke:
- Carotid artery duplex scan, which evaluates blockages of blood flow to the brain and carotid artery
- Trans-cranial Doppler, which evaluates blood flow throughout the brain