Spirit of Women Health Network selected Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System as a Spirit of Women Premier Hospital. Hospitals are selected based on an evaluation using the National Standards of Excellence in Women’s Health which measure excellence in women’s healthcare and community outreach.
The standards were developed by the Spirit of Women Health Network in consultation with the Office of Women’s Health as part of the Department of Health and Human Service (DHHS).
As part of a comprehensive evaluation process, Spartanburg Regional demonstrated innovation and excellence in women’s programming across the board.
The National Standards of Excellence in Women’s Health require focus on women-centered care, call-to-action education, and access to care in the following seven areas:
- Integration of a Focused Community Assessment
- Implementation of Comprehensive Life Stage Programming
- Sensitivity to Community Diversity and Cultural Differences
- Strategic Alignment of Women's Service Lines
- Leading Innovation and Outreach Initiatives
- Managing a Process for Quality Improvement
- Multidisciplinary Approach to Care