Slow Cooker Chicken Primavera
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 medium white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 box 100 percent whole wheat pasta
- Fresh basil and red pepper flakes, to garnish
Place bell peppers, onion, garlic, tomatoes, carrots, jalapeno, and mushrooms in slow cooker. Empty the can of tomato sauce into slow cooker. Place chicken breasts on top of vegetables and tomato sauce. Evenly pour Italian dressing over the chicken.
Put lid on slow cooker and set to low, cook for 6-8 hours.
Cook pasta separately according to directions when ready to serve. Carefully remove chicken breasts from slow cooker after 6-8 hours and set aside. Add tomato paste and cooked pasta to sauce in slow cooker and stir.
Serve in pasta bowl and garnish with fresh basil and red pepper flakes.