Sweet and spicy shrimp and zucchini
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium to large zucchini, halved then sliced into half-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimps, peeled and de-veined
- Sweet chili sauce, 3-5 tablespoons diluted with about 3-7 tablespoons of water, or to taste
Heat up a wok or a large frying pan to high heat. Swirl in the vegetable oil. Add the garlic and cook very briefly just until aromatic, a few seconds only. Add the zucchini slices and drizzle the soy sauce on top. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes or until tender. Season with a little ground pepper, to taste.
Push the zucchini to the side of the wok/frying pan. If the pan/wok is quite dry at this point, add a little more oil. Place the shrimp in one layer. Let it cook for 1 minute without stirring. Season with a little salt (just a pinch). After 1 minute, stir-fry with the zucchini until it has turned fully opaque, about 1 more minute.
Quickly, stir in the sweet chili sauce and coat the zucchini and shrimp. Serve immediately with some freshly cooked rice.