Are you looking for a way to make a difference in your community? Do you have four hours per week? Consider volunteering at Spartanburg Regional.
At Spartanburg Regional, volunteers are an essential part of what we do.
Volunteers contribute an added dimension of human caring. A quiet moment together, a listening ear, a gentle touch, a little time with an unhurried air that says, "I'm here for you" - this is what volunteering at Spartanburg Regional is all about. Volunteers create meaningful moments for themselves and those they help. Volunteers gain personal satisfaction by knowing they play positive roles in the lives of patients, family members and visitors.
How You Can Help
The Volunteer Services department strives to match the talents and interests of individual volunteers to the needs of our patients, visitors and staff. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Some of the capacities in which volunteers serve include:
- Patient Escorts
- Waiting Room Attendants
- Flower Receiving and Delivery
- Gift Shop Hosts
- Nursing Unit Assistants
- Rehabilitation Assistants
- Clerical Assistants
Our Way of Saying Thanks
Some of the many benefits of volunteering at Spartanburg Regional include:
- Uniform provided with refundable deposit
- Complimentary meals
- Parking privileges
- Annual flu shots at no cost
- Discounts in the Corner 101 Gift Shop and That Special Look specialty shop
- Exercise privileges at Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Development of life-long friendships
- Service awards
- Appreciation events
Prospective volunteers are asked to complete the following steps:
- Application form/interview
- Orientation session
- TB test and health survey through Employee Health
- Assignment of uniform and identification badge
- Introduction and training in assigned work area
We invite you to visit Spartanburg Regional and spend time with a current volunteer. We're convinced once you start, you will not want to stop.
For more information, please e-mail Volunteer Services or Appply Online.