Duration: 2-4 week rotation
Course Offered: Audition Rotations: July-January
Elective Rotations: February-June
Services: Surgery Audition Rotations and Surgery Elective Rotations
- General Surgery
- Surgical ICU
- Trauma/Acute Critical Care
- Bariatric/Minimally Invasive
Rotation Overview: Surgery
Under the direction of board-certified surgeons and surgical residents, the student will have the opportunity to care for the surgical patient and participate in surgical cases in the Operating Room. During this time, students may perform pre-surgical evaluations, assist in surgery and participate in post-op care. They are under the supervision of, and directly responsible to, the General Surgery Program Director and Surgery Student Coordinator.
Education Objectives: Surgery
Specific to surgery rotation request.
Surgery Audition Requirements:
- All applications for Audition Rotations MUST be completed and received by SRHS by April 30.
- Confirmation of rotations will be sent in May
- USMLE Score must be 220 or higher
- COMLEX Score must be 600 or higher
- All applicants with rotation requests received prior to May 1st will have priority, all applications received afterwards will be first come first served.
Students Report To:
Medical Student Coordinator