This is an open-label, nonrandomized, Phase 1 dose-escalation, dose-expansion, and Phase 2 study targeting tumors with FGF/FGFR aberrations. The purpose of the study is to evaluate the safety, tolerability, PK, pharmacodynamic, and anti-tumor activity of TAS-120 in patients with advanced solid tumors with and without FGF/FGFR-related abnormalities.
The study will be conducted in 3 parts, (1) Dose escalation to determine the MTD and/ or RP2D of TAS-120 in which this part of the study has been completed; (2) Phase 1 expansion to further evaluate the safety and efficacy of RP2D of TAS-120 in patients with tumors harboring specific FGFR aberrations, specifically in patients with cholangiocarcinoma, gliomas , urothelial carcinomas and any other tumors with FGFR fusion or activating mutation or amplification. Up to approximately 185 patients will be enrolled in the phase 1 expansion; and (3) Phase 2 study to confirm ORR of TAS-120 in intra-hepatic CCA patients with tumors harboring FGFR2 gene fusions. Approx. 100 patients will be enrolled in phase 2.
Key Inclusion Criteria
For a patient to be eligible for participation in this study, all of the following criteria must apply.
Has histologically or cytologically confirmed, locally advanced, metastatic cancer meeting the following criteria:
Phase 1 Expansion
- Patient has failed all standard therapies or standard therapy does not exist or is not tolerated.
Patient has specific FGF/FGFR aberrations
- Intrahepatic or extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma with FGFR2 gene fusions or other FGFR2 abnormalities, i.e., gene mutations (see Appendix A), rearrangements or amplifications
- Glioblastoma or grade III glioma (i.e., anaplastic astrocytoma or anaplastic oligodendroglioma) with FGFR gene fusions or activating mutations.
- Advanced urothelial carcinoma with FGFR3 fusions or FGFR3 activating mutations
- All other tumor types harboring FGF9, FGF19 or FGFR2 amplifications (≥ 10 copies), FGFR gene fusions, or FGFR activating mutations
- Patient has histologically or cytologically confirmed, locally advanced, metastatic, unresectable iCCA harboring FGFR2 gene fusions based on results from a NGS assay by the Sponsor's designated central laboratory
- Patient has been treated with and failed at least one prior systemic gemcitabine and platinum-based chemotherapy for the advanced disease
- Must have documentation of radiographic progression of disease on prior systemic therapy
- Patient has measurable disease as defined by Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST) guidelines (version 1.1, 2009) for advanced solid tumors or RANO criteria (2010) for brain tumors.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status 0 or 1
- Adequate organ function
Key Exclusion Criteria
A patient will not be eligible for participation in this study if any of the following criteria apply.
A patient will be excluded from this study if any of the following criteria are met:
- History and/or current evidence of non-tumor related alteration of calcium-phosphorus homeostasis.
- History and/or current evidence of clinically significant ectopic mineralization/calcification.
- History and/or current evidence of clinically significant retinal disorder confirmed by retinal examination.
- A serious illness or medical condition(s)
Kenneth A. Kuenzli II, RN