Emergency Centers: Specialists In Emergency Care, At Two Locations
The Emergency Centers at Spartanburg Medical Center in Spartanburg, SC, and Pelham Medical Center in Greer, SC, bring together specialists and facilities for a range of emergencies, including sudden or severe illness, injuries and life-threatening conditions.
Each Emergency Center is part of a full-service hospital, and so is backed by the advanced resources of all of our staff, plus a broad range of testing and treatment facilities.
In addition to the full range of emergency care, we offer other specialized services and facilities:
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Primary Stroke Center
- Women's Emergency & Crisis Care. Both of our Emergency Centers feature areas designed for treatment of women’s emergencies. This includes gynecology and pregnancy-related conditions, for example..
- Behavioral Health Care. For patients who need emergency behavioral or mental health care, our trained, compassionate staff provide care in a private treatment area of the Emergency Center at Spartanburg Medical Center.
- Emergency care for children. Pelham Medical Center in Greer offers a special area of the Emergency Center to care for our smallest patients.
- Preparing for disasters. Spartanburg Medical Center’s Emergency Center is also prepared to provide care after a major emergency in our communities, such as an industrial accident or other situation that could cause health hazards. In addition to self-contained treatment rooms and equipment to decontaminate patients after a chemical spill, for example, we have also designated outdoor areas where we are prepared to stage care for large numbers of patients.
- For emergencies, dial 9-1-1. For less urgent medical needs, visit one of our Immediate Care Centers.