The Joe R. Utley Heart Resource Center
Heart disease is still taking more lives each year than any other disease. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that 80% of these deaths are due to preventable risk factors. Our goal at the Joe R. Utley Heart Resource Center is to help you identify your personal heart disease risk factors and give you steps to take to improve your overall wellness. Our registered nurse and registered dietitian will work with you to develop a plan that meets your needs.
Our Heart Resource Center serves Spartanburg, Cherokee, Union and Greenville counties. We offer both one-on-one education and group presentations in churches, schools and other community organizations.
Heart Resource Center Services
Heart health is linked to the health of your brain, kidneys, pancreas colon and/or gut health and gastrointestinal system, which is why we take a whole-body wellness approach. Our services include:
- Community screenings
- Free health and wellness resources (by advance request) for teachers, nurses, church members, or anyone who wants to share evidence-based information.
- Health risk assessments by appointment
- Nutrition counseling by appointment to address high blood pressure, high cholesterol and weight loss
- CPR education
- Other programming including:
- Quarterly community grocery store tours, or groups of 5-8 may schedule a separate tour
- Health Fair booths with interactive displays
- Group presentations
- Walk with Us monthly walking group
- Check the events page for other upcoming programs, especially during February for American Heart Month
Thanks to the generosity of Spartanburg Regional Foundation donors and the commitment of Spartanburg Regional Health System to promote health, all our services are provided free of charge. To make a donation to the Heart Resource Center, visit RegionalFoundation.com.
The Heart Resource Center is located in the lobby of the Spartanburg Regional Heart Center.
We are open Monday through Friday with private consultations by appointment.
Call us for more information at 864-560-4472.