Heart-Healthy Lifestyle Modifications
Reduce your heart disease risk with the American Heart Association’s “Life’s Simple 7”:
- Decrease your blood sugar levels
- Eat a heart-healthy diet
- Get regular exercise and stay active throughout the day
- Keep high cholesterol under control
- Maintain a healthy weight or lose weight if you are overweight
- Manage high blood pressure
- Quit smoking
- Develop a plan to reduce stress
If you are a smoker, quitting is one of the best things you can do for your heart and health. Talk to your doctor about smoking cessation help or call the South Carolina Quitline at 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669).
Talk to Your Doctor
Talk to your doctor about these lifestyle modifications at your next annual physical.
Need a primary care physician? Check out our directory or speak to a referral nurse today by calling 864-591-7999.