Neurology: Areas Of Excellence
First in the state to be certified as a Primary Stroke Center, to offer Mazor computer-guided spine surgery, and to develop a specialized center for sleep disorders we are consistently on the forefront of new treatments and technology. Each month over 60 patients rely on the high level of expert care available in our Neuro-Intensive Care Unit.
“Firsts” In Brain and Spine Care
We are proud to offer our communities innovative, advanced treatments for conditions of the brain, spine and nervous system. Many are “firsts” in South Carolina and even in the southeast.
Some of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System’s areas of excellence:
- South Carolina’s first Primary Stroke Center
- First medical center in South Carolina to offer Mazor computer-guided spine surgery
- First Sleep Center in the southeast
- Dedicated 10-bed Neuro-Intensive Care Unit at Spartanburg Medical Center: Our registered nurses, clinical nurse educators and other caregivers here have expertise in neurology and neurosurgery care, and use the latest technologies to promote healing.
- Two nationally accredited Sleep Service locations, the earliest such program in the southeast
- Headache and migraine treatments, including the “SPG block”
- Broad range of head and spine treatment, including tumors and disc repair
- State-of-the-art surgery suites , to grow with our communities’ needs