Surgeries & Other Treatments for the Spine, Neck & Back
From reconstruction of bones in the spine, to diseased or injured discs and scoliosis (an unusual curve in the spine), our specialists and sub-specialists work with an experienced team to provide expert care. Surgery is often not our first choice for treatment. But when it is the best option for care, we perform the most delicate of operations with great precision. So compared to traditional surgeries, our patients have a quicker recovery.
We have invested in a computer-guided surgery tool called Mazor, for example, which gives our spine surgeons much greater accuracy than ever before. We also perform “XLIF®” (eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion), another procedure to correct damage to the spine without the need for major surgery.
Our specialists perform a wide range of other procedures on the spine, vertebrae and discs, many with the Mazor computer-guided system. These procedures include:
- Skull-base surgery, to remove tumors from the base of the skull.
- Disc repair and replacement, including artificial discs; discectomy to remove herniated or bulging discs, for example; kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty to repair broken or damaged vertebrae; and laminectomy to remove damaged discs.
- Anterior (from the front of the spine) and posterior spinal surgery (from the back), to correct a deformity or repair spinal fusion.
- Scoliosis treatment for children and adolescents, to correct unusual curves in the spine
- Spinal fusion, to stabilize the spine by fusing (joining) two or more discs together
- Reconstruction of the spine after illness or injury