Accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Spartanburg Regional Sleep Services offers three nationally accredited programs. We’ve been providing sleep testing and care since 1985, making us one of the oldest sleep diagnostic centers in the Southeast. If you or any member of your family is not resting well, there may be a simple solution.
Just like exercising and eating right, sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle. If you suffer from a sleep disorder, it can have a lasting effect on your emotional and physical well-being.
Insufficient sleep has been linked to a number of chronic diseases and conditions, including obesity, depression, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
With more than 88 identified sleep disorders, and more than 70 million Americans affected by sleep disorders, it is important to know the signs:
- Loud snoring
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Breathing interruptions during sleep
- Memory difficulties
- Difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep or waking
- Waking up gasping for air
- Dependence on sleeping pills
- Nighttime chest pains or seizures
- Grinding teeth during sleep
- Sleep walking or acting out dreams
- Frequent nightmares or terrors
- Frequent morning headaches
Usually, the best way to gather the information needed to diagnose a sleep disorder is through a sleep study. This is done overnight in a private room at one of our sleep labs. We will identify your sleep patterns by monitoring your heart, brain and breathing patterns. Once our sleep study is completed and enough information is gathered, we will recommend the most appropriate treatment to address your needs.
Our sleep centers offer:
- Over 30 years of sleep medicine experience
- Full service centers for all aspects of sleep care and disorders
- Testing six nights each week
- Daytime testing for shift workers
- Education about sleep disorders and prescribed treatment
- Licensed and registered staff, including physicians board certified in sleep medicine
To prepare for your sleep study, ensure your hair and skin are clean when you arrive and avoid the use of lotions and hair products. Washcloths and towels are available at the center to remove any remaining makeup or lotion before the study begins.
Sleep Services North Grove (North Grove Office Park)*
1330 Boiling Springs Rd., Suite 1500
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Sleep Services Main (Spartanburg Medical Center)*
101 East Wood St., 6th Floor
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Sleep Services Mary Black (Spartanburg Medical Center – Mary Black Campus)*
1700 Skylyn Dr.
Spartanburg, SC 29307
Sleep Services Cherokee Medical Center (Cherokee Medical Center)
1530 N. Limestone St.
Gaffney, SC 29340
*Location accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine