Exercise for Medical Weight Loss
Exercise is crucial for losing weight during our Medical Weight Loss Program or after weight loss surgery. Not only must you follow a healthy diet, you will also need to make fitness part of your regular routine. Adding exercise affords lasting results and improved health outcomes such as reduced risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure and lower cholesterol. Remember, if you take in more calories than you use up, you will gain weight.
Benefits of Exercise
Regular exercise has many benefits. Exercise allows your body to:
- Burn calories and fat, resulting in a lower body weight
- Increase your metabolism so you burn more calories throughout the day, even when you are at rest
- Strengthen your heart, lungs, bones and muscles.
- Help maintain a healthy weight long-term
- Increase energy
- Improve your mood and sense of well-being
For more information, please call 864-560-7070 or complete this contact form.