Women's Health: Patient & Family Support
To learn about a new health condition or options for care—including those related to childbirth—patients and their family members often need support and education. So we have assembled a broad range staff and activities to provide the information you need.
Support & Education
For general support and information, ask your physician, nursing staff or patient representative for information about these important services:
- Guest Services/Patient Representative can help with any special needs or concerns, including directing you to various health services or resources. Any staff member will be happy to call them for you: 864-560-6600.
- Chaplains are available 24 hours a day. Ask any staff member to page the on-call chaplain for you: 864-560-6157.
- Find a physician specialist or sub-specialist online. Or contact our Nurse Referral Line: 864-591-7999.
- Classes and events—including support groups
For information about childbirth and parenting, contact us at 864-560-BABY (560-2229). Or search online for classes and events. Some of the special services we have created for you and your family include:
- Tour of the Center for Women and our birthing unit
- Birth consultant, a nurse who can guide you to services, classes and specialists during your entire pregnancy—a free service of the Center for Women
- Nationally certified lactation consultant, a nurse with special training to help you with breastfeeding
- Classes on birth basics, breastfeeding, and new-baby care
- Sibling class
- Support group for new moms
- Refresher class for parents having another baby
- Special classes such as Infant CPR, HypnoBirthing Relaxation and Infant Massage
- Search for a doctor near you—for yourself, your newborn or your family