Cholangiocarcinoma, Nonresectable or Metastatic IDH1 Mutation (AG120-C-005)
A Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-controlled Study of AG-120 in Previously-treated Subjects With Nonresectable or Metastatic Cholangiocarcinoma With an IDH1 Mutation
A Phase 3, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of orally administered AG-120. Subjects, all personnel involved in the evaluation of subjects' response to treatment (e.g., Investigators, study coordinators, study pharmacists), and designated Sponsor team members will be blinded to study treatment. Subjects are required to have a histologically-confirmed diagnosis of IDH1 gene-mutated cholangiocarcinoma that is not eligible for curative resection, transplantation, or ablative therapies prior to enrollment.IDH1 mutation testing will be performed at participating investigative sites. Subjects must have progression of disease and have received at least 1 but not more than 2 prior treatment regimens for advanced disease (nonresectable or metastatic). All subjects must have received either a gemcitabine or a 5 fluorouracil (5-FU) based chemotherapy regimen.
Key Inclusion Criteria
For a patient to be eligible for participation in this study, all of the following criteria must apply.
- Be ≥18 years of age.
- Have a histopathological diagnosis (fresh or banked tumor biopsy sample, preferably collected within the last 3 years) of nonresectable or metastatic cholangiocarcinoma and are not eligible for curative resection, transplantation, or ablative therapies.
- Have documented IDH1 gene-mutated disease (from a fresh tumor biopsy or the most recent banked tumor tissue available) based on central laboratory testing (R132C/L/G/H/S mutation variants tested).
- Have an ECOG PS score of 0 or 1
- Have an expected survival of ≥3 months.
- Have at least one evaluable and measurable lesion as defined by RECIST v1.1. Subjects who have received prior local therapy (including but not limited to embolization, chemoembolization, radiofrequency ablation, or radiation therapy) are eligible provided measurable disease falls outside of the treatment field or within the field and has shown ≥20% growth in size since post-treatment assessment.
- Have documented disease progression following at least 1 and no more than 2 prior systemic regimens for advanced disease (nonresectable or metastatic). Subjects must have received at least 1 gemcitabine- or 5-FU-containing regimen for advanced cholangiocarcinoma. Subjects who have received systemic adjuvant chemotherapy will be permitted provided there is documented disease progression during or within 6 months of completing the therapy.
Key Exclusion Criteria
A patient will not be eligible for participation in this study if any of the following criteria apply.
- Received a prior IDH inhibitor.
- Received systemic anticancer therapy or an investigational agent <2 weeks prior to Day 1 (washout from prior immune-based anticancer therapy is 4 weeks). In addition, the first dose of study treatment should not occur before a period ≥5 half-lives of the investigational agent has elapsed.
- Received radiotherapy to metastatic sites of disease <2 weeks prior to Day 1.
- Underwent hepatic radiation, chemoembolization, and radiofrequency ablation <4 weeks prior to Day 1.
- Have known symptomatic brain metastases requiring steroids. Subjects with previously diagnosed brain metastases are eligible if they have completed their treatment and have recovered from the acute effects of radiation therapy or surgery prior to study entry, have discontinued corticosteroid treatment for these metastases for at least 4 weeks and have radiographically stable disease for at least 3 months prior to study entry. Note: up to 10 mg per day of prednisone equivalent will be allowed.
To learn more, visit ClinicalTrials.Gov
Vikas Dembla, MD
Agios Pharmaceticals, Inc.