Liver, Non-resectable, (RESIN) Registry
Radiation-Emitting SIR-Spheres in Non-resectable (RESIN) Liver Tumor Patient Study
This research registry studies Yttrium Y 90 resin microspheres in collecting data from patients with liver cancer not capable of being removed by surgery (unresectable) for the radiation-emitting Selective Internal Radiation-Spheres (SIR-spheres) in non-resectable (RESIN) liver tumor registry. The information generated will help doctors better understand treatment patterns involving Y90 therapy, gain additional insights in the long-term outcomes for patients, as well as guide future research for using Y90 therapy, especially for those conditions where data is currently very limited or lacking.
Key Inclusion Criteria
For a patient to be eligible for participation in this study, all of the following criteria must apply.
- Patients receiving SIR-Spheres therapy to the liver for the first time
- Provision of written informed consent
- Age 18 and older
Key Exclusion Criteria
A patient will not be eligible for participation in this study if any of the following criteria apply.
- Prior completion of Y90 therapy to the liver (SIR-Spheres, TheraSpheres, or any other liver-targeted therapy involving the use of radiation-emitting spheres).
- Patients who have received Y90 treatment in the past and who are returning for another Y90 treatment are ineligible, even if new areas are being targeted.
- Need for surrogate consent. Patients unable to consent on their own behalves are not eligible for this study.
To learn more, visit ClinicalTrials.Gov
Kyran Dowling, MD
Sirtex Medical, Inc.