Multiple Myeloma, Untreated, Stem Cell Transplant Not Planned (54767414MMY3019)
A Phase 3 Study Comparing Daratumumab, VELCADE (Bortezomib), Lenalidomide, and Dexamethasone (D-VRd) With VELCADE, Lenalidomide, and Dexamethasone (VRd) in Subjects With Untreated Multiple Myeloma and for Whom Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant is Not Pla
The purpose of this study to determine if the addition of daratumumab to bortezomib + lenalidomide + dexamethasone (VRd) will improve overall minimal residual disease (MRD) negativity rate compared with VRd alone.
Key Inclusion Criteria
For a patient to be eligible for participation in this study, all of the following criteria must apply.
Diagnosis of multiple myeloma as documented per International Myeloma Working Group (IMWG) criteria Monoclonal plasma cells in the bone marrow greater than or equal to (>=)10 percentage (%) or presence of a biopsy proven plasmacytoma and documented multiple myeloma satisfying at least one of the calcium, renal, anemia, bone (CRAB) criteria or biomarkers of malignancy criteria. CRAB criteria: Hypercalcemia: serum calcium greater than (>) 0.25 millimoles per liter (mmol/L) (>1 milligram per deciliter [mg/dL]) higher than upper limit of normal (ULN) or >2.75 mmol/L (>11 mg/dL); Renal insufficiency: creatinine clearance less than (<) 40 milliliter per minute (mL/min) or serum creatinine >177 micro millimoles per liter (umol/L) (>2 mg/dL); Anemia: hemoglobin >2 g/dL below the lower limit of normal or hemoglobin <10 g/dL; Bone lesions: one or more osteolytic lesions on skeletal radiography, computed tomography (CT), or positron emission tomography (PET)-CT.
Biomarkers of Malignancy: Clonal bone marrow plasma cell percentage >=60%; Involved: uninvolved serum free light chain (FLC) ratio >=100; >1 focal lesion on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies.
- Must have measurable disease, as assessed by central laboratory
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status score of 0, 1, or 2
- A woman of childbearing potential must have 2 negative serum or urine pregnancy tests at Screening, first within 10 to 14 days prior to dosing and the second within 24 hours prior to dosing
- A woman must agree not to donate eggs (ova, oocytes) for the purposes of assisted reproduction during the study and for a period of 3 months after receiving the last dose of any component of the treatment regimen
Key Exclusion Criteria
A patient will not be eligible for participation in this study if any of the following criteria apply.
- Frailty index of >=2 according to Myeloma Geriatric Assessment score
- Prior therapy for multiple myeloma other than a short course of corticosteroids (not to exceed 40 mg of dexamethasone, or equivalent per day for a maximum of 4 days, total of 160 mg dexamethasone or equivalent)
- Prior or concurrent invasive malignancy (other than multiple myeloma) within 5 years of date of randomization (exceptions are adequately treated basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma of the skin, carcinoma in situ of the cervix or breast, or other non-invasive lesion that in the opinion of the investigator, with concurrence with the sponsor's medical monitor, is considered cured with minimal risk of recurrence within 3 years)
- Peripheral neuropathy or neuropathic pain Grade 2 or higher, as defined by the National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (NCI-CTCAE) Version 5
- Radiation therapy within 14 days of randomization
To learn more, visit ClinicalTrials.Gov
Roberto Ferro, MD
Janssen Research & Development, LLC