COVID-19 Support for Healthcare Heroes
Now, more than ever, healthcare workers need encouragement and support.
Healthcare staff across the nation are filling the physical, emotional, spiritual and psychological needs of COVID patients – even, in some cases, providing end-of-life support. Despite long, exhausting work hours, healthcare workers continue to meet the pandemic’s challenges with commitment and determination.
Volunteer in the Fight Against COVID-19
Are you interested in helping protect your community from COVID-19? Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System is looking for volunteers at its COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the University of South Carolina Upstate.
- Will greet people at the front door and help guide them through the vaccination clinic.
- Must be able to stay on their feet for long periods of time and wear masks throughout the duration of each shift.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 – at least two weeks after their second dose.
- Are asked to commit to at least one four-hour shift per week for one month.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested, please email email@example.com.
How can the community help?
Words of Encouragement
Your kind words can lift their spirits and let them know they are not alone. Letters, hand-drawn pictures, posters or cards can be sent via email or regular mail. These positive messages will be posted for associates to view.
Email your words of encouragement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail your words of encouragement to:
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Attn: SMC Volunteer Services
101 East Wood Street
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Companies or individuals that would like to provide food or treats for the frontline staff can get more details and/or make arrangements by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you have a neighbor, friend or relative who works in health care, consider sending them words of appreciation and encouragement through social media, email, regular mail, a phone call or a note in their mailbox. It means more than you’ll know.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System has received overwhelming support from businesses, community organizations and individuals.
We want to express our gratitude to the following community members and organizations for their generosity to Spartanburg Regional’s associates during this pandemic:
- 2020 Toastmasters Youth Leadership Program at Green Charter School
- Debbie Turner of Backstage Dance Connection
- Keurig/Dr. Pepper of Spartanburg
- Andrew's Atomic Dogs
- Papa John's Pizza
- Wofford College Students
- Hart Bridges
- The Kirkland Family
- SDS Restaurant Group - A Franchisee of Pizza Hut
- The Wofford College Project Team of Robins & Morton
- Purpose Financial
- Michele Koutras of World's Finest Chocolate
- Scrub Shop of Spartanburg
- South Carolina Hospital Association
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe
- Michelin North America
- Shalyn Milstead of Shalyn's Custom Creations
- Manuel Zetino
- Liza Goodlett and the Charleston Shoe Company
- Nadia Mourtada and the Upstate Muslim community
- Revelation Towing
- Upstate First Responders
- Greer faith community
- Chicken Salad Chick
- First Baptist North Spartanburg Sixty to Eternity Sunday School Class
- DMG Investments Auden Upstate
- Temple Starr
- Kathy Nelson
- Dawn Swensen
- John Perkins
- Billy Webster
- Davis Audiology
- Mary Black Foundation
- Roper Mountain Science Center
- Roly Poly Sandwiches
- Carol Gulyas
- William Porter
- JOANN Fabrics
- Denton Harding with Kingston Homestyle Kitchen
- Milestones Church
- Cheryl Simpkins
- Little Pigs BBQ
- Lillibridge Healthcare Services, Inc. Property, managed by Casey Brown
- Cindy and Emily Greene
- Jeans Plus
- Tindall Corporation
- Habitat for Humanity
- WBCU Radio
- Local CVS Pharmacies (managed by Fred Rill, Millie Kelly and Greg Fields)
- Boiling Springs First Baptist Church
- Tim Brink
- Smoky Dreams BBQ
- Great American Cookie Company
- Jeff King
- Jimmy Johns
- John Pierce
- Pelham Falls Deli
- Domino’s Pizza
- Kipra Anderson and We Will Not Grow Weary Facebook Group
- Amy Zimmer with Pink on Main
- Toptec Event Tents
- Meyco Pool Covers
- Karen Ballard of The Fabricsmith
- March of Dimes South Carolina
- Milliken & Company
- Converse College
- Spartanburg Methodist College
- Tietex International
- Bullington Associates
- Spartanburg School District 1
- Spartanburg School District 2
- Spartanburg School District 5
- Spartanburg School District 7