PBS CELEBRITY CHEF, LAURA THEODORE shares all you need to know to embrace cost-saving, healthy, and delicious plant-based meals for you, your friends and your family. Laura shares how anyone can easily and economically create plant-based menus to be enjoyed by any foodie, whether omnivore, vegetarian, or vegan, while offering every home cook an easy, fresh approach to mindful eating.
Laura will share some top tips from her highly anticipated new book: Jazzy Vegetarian's Deliciously Vegan: Plant-Powered Recipes for the Modern, Mindful Kitchen (Scribe Publishing Company, March 2018) helping us to learn what it takes to stock and cook in a well-equipped vegan kitchen, with her essential Top Ten lists:
· Ingredients to have on hand at all times in your pantry
· Effective egg substitutions for baking
· Delicious options for making vegan cheese and cream
· Two-ingredient recipes
· Herbs and spices to always keep in your kitchen
Plus, Laura will share her expert Vegan-Ease-y tips on:
1) How to find ingredients that can be purchased at your local supermarket or health food store.
2) How to prepare dishes that save time in the kitchen while providing tasty plant-based meals for you and your family.
3) How vegan meals are "easier on the earth" - supporting a healthier global environment, conserving resources like our water supply, while decreasing our individual carbon footprint.
The evening timeline is as follows:
Appetizers will be served from 5-5:30PM
Presentation from 5:30-6:30PM
Meet-the-Author & Book Signing from 6:30-7PM
This event is free of charge.