Food for Thought
Broiled Salmon with Herb Mustard Glaze
Prep: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 6 (6 to 8-ounce) salmon fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 lemon wedges
1.) Combine garlic, Dijon mustard, thyme, wine, oil, rosemary and 1 tablespoon of whole-grain mustard in a food processor.
2.) Grind ingredients for roughly 30 seconds.
3.) Transfer ingredients to a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of whole-grain mustard and stir until evenly infused.
4.) Line a heavy rimmed baking sheet with foil and preheat the broiler on low.
5.) Apply non-stick spray to foil.
6.) Place salmon fillets on baking sheet and apply salt and pepper to each fillet.
7.) Broil for 2 minutes.
8.) Apply mustard sauce to individual fillets.
9.) Broil fillets for roughly 5 more minutes or until fillets are cooked through.
For more information on this recipe and healthy cooking, Pelham Medical Center’s clinical nutrition manager, Priscilla Dhas, recommends visiting www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes.