Tortellini Salad with Fresh Herbs and Tomato Vinaigrette
Meal: Lunch, Serves: 15, Prep: 25 min, Cook Time: 10 min.
- 2 pounds packaged tortellini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 1/4 cups
- 4 cups freshly diced tomato
- 4 tablespoons chopped tarragon leaves
- 4 tablespoons chiffonade basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley leaves
- 2 minced shallots
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4-inch thick into approximately 30 slices
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- Gray salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1.) Boil a large pot of salted water.
2.) Place tortellini in boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
3.) Once tortellini is fully cooked, drain water and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
4.) Mix lemon juice, shallots, diced tomatoes, herbs and remaining 1 ¼ cups of olive oil in a nonreactive mixing bowl.
5.) Season with pepper and gray salt.
6.) Once tortellini is room temperature, toss with vinaigrette.
For more information on this recipe and healthy cooking, Pelham Medical Center’s clinical nutrition manager, Priscilla Dhas, recommends visiting www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes.