What is the Employee Wellness Program?
The Employee Wellness Program (EWP) is designed to help associates reach their personal wellness goals. This includes opportunities to participate in challenges, receive education on prevention and disease management and become a team member in building a healthier workplace. Being healthy means knowing your individual health risks and working on prevention. The EWP helps associates get the information and resources they need to develop a healthy lifestyle and stay well. This program is free and all SRHS associates are welcome to participate.
For more information, call 864-560-1485 or visit the Employee Wellness Program page on the Hub.
Enrollment in Employee Wellness Program (EWP)
To enroll in the EWP, associates must complete all EWP components during the month of their annual assessment. New hires should complete a wellness visit at Employee Health within 30 days of orientation.
- Biometrics – Height, weight, waist and blood pressure measurements completed during annual/new hire assessment in Employee Health
- Lab Work – Lipid profile (total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, triglyceride) and glucose SRHS associates may walk in at Spartanburg Medical Center for labs on Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Pelham Medical Center (PMC) associates should call 864-530-2348 for an appointment.
- Know Your Number – A 10-minute online health risk assessment is matched with your labs and biometrics to create an individualized chronic disease risk report. The link is available on the EWP Hub page or at knowyournumber.com/saas/kyn/srhs.
- Preventive Screening – Have your doctor complete at least one preventive screening between Oct. 1, 2016, and Sept. 30, 2017, to be eligible for 2018 incentives including one of the following: mammogram, Pap smear, colonoscopy, prostate-specific antigen (PSA) or medical provider preventive physical exam.
Wellness Wins Motivation Alliance® Incentive Program
SRHS Employee Wellness Program offers free wellness software to encourage and motivate associates to have healthy lifestyles. Associates may log in daily to accumulate points and badges as they track fitness, diet and wellness goals. Associates who earn at least 1,000 points from their annual assessment in 2016 to their annual assessment in 2017 may earn a wellness point certificate that can be used to order a prize from the prize catalog such as jewelry, cooking equipment, sports equipment and much more.
To get started, go to the EWP Hub page or visit wellnesswins.motivationalliance.com.
Maternity Management Program
The Employee Wellness Program offers a special Maternity Management Program, at no cost, for all associates and SRHS health plan covered dependents of employees. Call 1-864-560-6042 (option 3) to enroll before your sixteenth week of pregnancy. This program offers one-on-one support from a wellness coach who will help you understand any issues that arise during pregnancy.
Employee Fitness Rooms at SMC and PMC
Free membership with enrollment in the EWP:
- PMC associates – Go to PMC Human Resources to sign a participation waiver.
- SMC, SHRC, Union, MGC, Beaumont associates – Print a participation waiver from the Employee Wellness Program Hub page. Sign and fax to Employee Health at 864-560-6509. An email will be sent to you once access is set up.
$30 annual fee if not enrolled in the EWP.
Heart Wellness Center
The Heart Wellness Center is free to all associates with an SRHS-issued badge. Located at 299 East Pearl Street on the SMC campus, the Heart Wellness Center offers programs designed for clients of all ages and all health and fitness levels. The facility contains treadmills, elliptical machines, weight equipment and much more. For more information, call 864-560-4250.