Frequently Asked Questions
What is SRHS Virtual Care?
SRHS Virtual Care is a faster, easier way to see a doctor during the evenings and on weekends. You can have video visits anytime on your smartphone, tablet or computer. It’s easy to use, private and secure. It’s free to enroll and the cost is $49 per visit. If you are insured through HealthSCOPE, this service is a covered expense, subject to your deductible.
SRHS Virtual Care is powered by American Well (AmWell).
- Your choice of trusted, U.S. board-certified doctors
- Peace of mind with a doctor “on call” 24/7 to provide quality care
- Consultation, diagnosis, and prescriptions (when appropriate)
SRHS Virtual Care can be used any time, day or night. It’s perfect when your doctor’s office is closed or you’re too sick to see someone in person. SRHS Virtual Care can be used if you become ill while on vacation or traveling.
How do I sign up?
- Download our iOS or Android mobile app OR visit SRHSVirtualCare.com
- Complete demographics: location (SC or NC), date of birth, gender
- Complete health plan information if you have HealthSCOPE select HealthSCOPE Choice or HealthSCOPE Value followed by Subscriber ID (SRHSxxxxx) – found on your HealthSCOPE insurance card. This is your five-digit employee ID number without leading 0s.
**If you do not have HealthSCOPE insurance, please click “Skip this step/my plan isn’t listed”**
Is my spouse or domestic partner eligible?
Yes, they must create a separate account and follow the same steps to enroll.
How do I add a child to my account?
Parents and guardians can add their children who are under the age 18 to their account and have doctor visits on their behalf. Enroll yourself first and then add your child or dependent to your account.
What should I do if I have a child over 18 who is still on my health insurance?
He or she should enroll as an adult and create their own separate account.
What can the doctors treat?
- Cold and flu
- Cold sores
- Ear aches
- Insect bites
- Mild asthma
- Minor sports injuries
- Pink eye
- Poison ivy
- Respiratory infections
- Sinus infections
- Stomach flu
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infection
Do I need to use a camera or video?
Most visits are conducted via video. The video is never recorded. You can use your smartphone, tablet or a computer with camera capabilities.
Will I receive a summary of my visit?
A detailed summary is emailed to you once the provider has completed documentation of the visit. The summary usually arrives within a few minutes after the visit.
What is the cost?
Doctor visits on SRHS Virtual Care are just $49. If you have HealthSCOPE and have met your deductible, the cost per visit will be covered at 70 percent for Value plan members and 80 percent for Healthy Choice plan members. The $49 must be paid upfront and you will be reimbursed by HealthSCOPE, Inc. if applicable.
How do I submit payments?
Payment is easy, just enter your credit card or debit card information. You may also use your FSA (flexible spending account) or HSA (health savings account) card. Your card is charged upon completion of the visit when the provider has completed documentation of the visit.
When would I use SHRS Virtual Care?
- My doctor’s office is closed
- I feel too sick to drive
- I have children at home and can’t bring them with me
- I’m on business travel and stuck in a hotel room
- I’m on vacation and feeling sick
Questions & Assistance
If you have any other questions, please call or email our support team at 1-855-818-DOCS (1-855-818-3627) or email@example.com.