Dr. Ellis received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical School in Houston, TX. He completed both his internship and residency at Orlando Regional Medical Center in Orlando, Fl. Dr. Ellis completed his fellowship in Wilderness Medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine in Stanford, CA. He is board certified in Emergency Medicine. Dr. Ellis is a Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians and a Fellow of the Academy of Wilderness Medicine. He regularly works as a race medical director for ultra-endurance foot races all over the world. Dr. Ellis has a particular interest in wilderness medicine, especially pertaining to heat illness, lightning injury and ultra-endurance injuries.
- UT Health Science Center at Houston, MD
- Orlando Regional Medical Center, Emergency Medicine
- Stanford University Hospitals & Clinics GME, Wilderness Medicine
- Orlando Regional Medical Center, Surgery, General
- American Board of Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medicine
Dr. Ellis is a Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians and a Fellow of the Academy of Wilderness Medicine.