What to Expect
- Outstanding clinical and academic instruction in hospital medicine
- Leadership and academic opportunities
- Education and mentorship for QI and research initiatives
- Enhanced job marketability of our graduates
The above fellowship goals are accomplished via the following components:
- Hospitalist training focused on inpatient adult medicine. Fellow will work 1:1 with faculty preceptor while on the Inpatient Service. The clinical curriculum will follow the Society of Hospital Medicine Core Competencies.
- Critical Care and subspecialty rotations including cardiology, pulmonology, critical care, nephrology, neurology and palliative care. There is also the opportunity to include pediatric inpatient and critical care rotations.
- Creating and presenting case conferences, didactic lectures, journal club and practice improvement sessions to the Hospitalist Group and Family Medicine Residency. If academic experience is desired, the fellow may also rotate as the Attending Physician on the Family Medicine Inpatient Service.
- Participation in longitudinal research, quality, and safety, guideline or development project.