Opportunities in Nursing
Understanding and participating in nursing-based research and evidence-based nursing practice is a vital part of growing as a nurse. At Spartanburg Regional, we support our nursing staff in understanding, utilizing, participating and conducting research. Learn more about nursing research at Spartanburg Regional.
The overall goals of the council are to:
- Establish and maintain an annual showcase of nursing research;
- Provide a clearinghouse for all nursing research;
- Provide support and education for nurses conducting research.
Interdisciplinary Policy Council
Policy Council oversight includes:
- Ensure that policy manuals are reviewed and revised every three years with regular frequency;
- Ensure that policies are in compliance with CMS standards, and local, state, and federal regulations;
- Communicate any revisions, deletions, additions, or combining of policies to all departments.
Nursing Management Council
The Nursing Management Council meets monthly and is a forum for nursing leaders throughout the organization to share information.
The council is chaired by our Chief Nursing Officer/Vice President of Nursing Services. The membership includes nurse managers, clinical unit educators, directors, executive directors and coordinators. The CNO has an open-meeting policy and welcomes anyone that has an interest in attending.
Corporate Nursing Administration
Corporate Nursing Administration is a weekly meeting that brings together the nursing leaders to discuss operational issues, administrative updates, and opportunities for improvement.
The council is chaired by our Chief Nursing Officer/Vice President of Patient Care Services, and membership is comprised of the directors in the nursing services division, the product service lines, and professional support services areas where nursing is practiced. All departmental directors or managers are welcome to attend.