Financial Assistance Policy
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System is a charitable organization dedicated to providing care, regardless of ability to pay.
- Your financial circumstances will not affect the care you receive. All patients will be treated with respect and fairness.
- Assistance is available for medically necessary care. Patient may apply for financial assistance at any time during the continuum of care.
- If you have no health insurance and/or limited financial resources, you may be eligible for free or discounted services.
- The amount of financial assistance you receive is determined by SRHS’s Financial Assistance Guidelines.
- Depending on the amount of your bill and your financial circumstances, minimum monthly payments may be accepted with no interest charged.
- If you do not qualify for financial assistance but believe you have special circumstances, you can request that your case be reviewed by a SRHS Business Services Supervisor / Financial Counselor.
- If you apply for financial assistance, you must provide us with all information necessary to apply for other financial resources that may be available to you, such as Medicaid or Medicare.
- You are responsible for applying for financial assistance. SRHS will make application materials easily available. To request an application call 864-560-4123 or download the form here.
- You may qualify for financial assistance if your household income is less than or equal to 1.5 times (150%) of the current Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- You may qualify for partial financial assistance depending upon your household income and the number of members in your family. This is also based on the U.S. Government’s Federal Poverty Guidelines.