For Medicare Patients
All Medicare patients will receive a new Medicare card in the mail from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services from April 2018 through April 2019.
The new Medicare cards include a unique Medicare number that is more secure to protect the patient’s identity.
Once patients receive their new Medicare cards, they will need to present this card at each appointment. All coverage and benefits will stay the same.
If your address has recently changed, contact Social Security at ssa.gov/myaccount or call 1-800-772-1213. TTY users can call 1-800-325-0778.
Thank you for choosing Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System. We strive to ensure that our patients understand their options when choosing a health plan.
We contract with almost 100 percent of the more prominent health plans in our region. Please check with your healthcare plan to verify your coverage before scheduling services. This list is subject to change.
Please note that your health plan may require you to schedule certain services (such as lab work, physical therapy, imaging, etc.) at select locations in your network. Should you choose to receive services outside of your network, your insurer may hold you responsible for all charges provided outside of your network.
Choosing Your Health Insurance Plan
Medicare Plan Comparison
If you choose to receive care at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System hospitals and/or Medical Group of the Carolinas physician offices, you should not enroll in the following plans as your out of pocket cost could be significantly higher.
Commercial Health Plans
- BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina – Business BlueExclusive Upstate I
- BlueChoice – Business Advantage Select Upstate I
- Cigna LocalPlus
- United Behavioral Health
Medicaid Health Plans
- Absolute Total Care
- BlueChoice HealthPlan Medicaid
- Healthy Opportunity Greenville
Medicare Advantage Health Plans
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO)
- Medicare Prime Plan (PPO)
- Open Access
- BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina – BlueCross Secure HMO
- Coventry Medicare – Advantra HMO / Advantra PPO
- EON Health
Medicare and Medicaid Combination Health Plans
- Absolute Total Care (Healthy Connections Prime)
- Molina Dual Options (Healthy Connections Prime)
Know Your Benefits
Obtain proper authorization for services, submit referral or claim forms, fill out a coordination of benefits form, if necessary. Also, know that many insurance plans require patients to pay a co-payment or deductible amount that may be due at the time of registration, service or discharge. You are responsible for paying copayments required by your insurance provider to Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System. In addition to insurance cards and authorization forms, we may ask for a driver’s license or other identification. Let us know if your personal or insurance information has changed since your last visit.
- Insurance benefits are the result of your contract with your insurance company. We are a third-party to those benefits and may need your help with your insurance company in order to ensure your claim is paid correctly and in a timely manner.
- Our billing offices are staffed 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. If you have any questions or concerns about a bill, call:
You may also pay your bill online.
Online Bill Pay