Honor a Nurse
The DAISY Award
The DAISY Award committee recognizes nurses who exemplify the following characteristics:
- Established a special connection with a patient/family
- Has significantly made a difference in the life of a patient
- Shows empathy in all situations
- Is an outstanding role model for the nursing profession
- Generates enthusiasm and energy towards meeting the challenges of nursing
- Consistently exhibits excellent interpersonal skills
- Exemplifies the essence of professional nursing in all activities
Nominate an Extraordinary Nurse
The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) Award is an international recognition program that honors and celebrates the compassionate care nurses provide every day. The DAISY Foundation was established by the family of J. Patrick Barnes after he died from complications of the auto-immune disease ITP in 1999. During his hospitalization, they appreciated the care and compassion shown to Patrick and his entire family. When he died, they felt compelled to say "thank you" to nurses in a very public way. Please say thank you by sharing your story of how a nurse made a difference you will never forget.
Learn more about the DAISY Foundation.