Skip to Content

When to Go Where

You have an illness or injury that just can’t wait. Where is the best place for you to receive medical care?

Find Your Symptoms, Find Your Care

  • If it is not an emergency, contact your primary care physician. This is the most affordable option.
  • If it is not an emergency and your primary care physician is not available, try an in-network immediate care center.
  • In case of an emergency, go to the nearest emergency room. If you are unsure if you can get there on your own, call 9-1-1.

View Infographic

Primary Care Provider

If you aren’t feeling well, your primary care physician is the first person you should contact. A primary care physician knows your medical history, allowing you to build a relationship over time. Make an appointment with your primary care physician for:

  • Chronic conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or asthma
  • Routine screenings and sports physicals
  • Referrals to other medical specialists
  • Cough or sore throat
  • Ear and sinus infections
  • Flu symptoms
  • Stomach pain and nausea

If you do not have a primary care provider, visit to find a physician.

Immediate Care Center

For after hours, weekends or if you can’t make an appointment, head to the immediate care center for non-life-threatening cases, such as:

  • Allergic reactions
  • Cough, cold or sore throat
  • Earaches or sinus infections
  • Flu symptoms
  • Mild asthma or allergies
  • Mild cuts, bumps or scrapes
  • Sports physicals
  • Stomach aches, diarrhea or vomiting
  • Broken bones
  • Twisted or sprained ankles

Visit to find the location near you.

Emergency Center

Go to the emergency center for life-threatening situations and serious symptoms, such as:

  • Chest pain
  • Numbness or weakness in the face, arm or legs
  • Choking or severe breathing problems
  • Coughing up or vomiting blood
  • Difficulty speaking
  • Sudden dizziness, weakness or blurred vision
  • Severe abdominal pain
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Deep cuts or severe burns

Call 9-1-1, especially for stroke and heart attack symptoms.

Was this page helpful?


Thank you for your feedback!

Thank you for your feedback and helping us to improve our website.
There will be no additional response.

We're thankful to be recognized for making healthy happen together - Quality and Awards

News & Highlights