Five Steps Before Baby
If you’re in your second or third trimester of pregnancy, your “to-do” list before your baby arrives may be growing by the day. You’ll want to add these tasks to your list and check them off soon, so you can concentrate on bonding and spending time with your baby once he or she is born.
- Register for a virtual class. Our previously in-person classes are now being held virtually. Register for a class.
- Check Your Insurance Information. Now is the time to make sure you know what healthcare services your insurance plan covers. You need to make sure your plan covers the doctor you choose for your baby. You should also take note that many insurance companies will cover a breast pump, so you can contact them now to check for coverage.
- Choose a Pediatrician for Your Baby. Don’t wait until after your baby is born to select a pediatrician. You will take your baby for a check-up just a few days after you leave the hospital, so you want to have everything prepared. As you consider your options, check your insurance plan to make sure the doctor is in-network and ask if you can take a tour of the pediatrician’s office and meet the staff before your baby is born. Search for a pediatrician who is currently accepting new patients.
- Pack Your Hospital Bag. Don’t put this task off until the last minute – when you’re in labor and in a rush to get to the hospital to meet your baby. Download this hospital essentials list, for a comprehensive guide on what you should pack for you, your support person and your baby.
- Familiarize Yourself with the Hospital. Watch this two-part Special Delivery series to help you prepare for the birth of your baby.