Massage therapy at the Center for Integrative Medicine is a mind-body treatment that relieves pain, reduces stress and promotes healing. As one of the oldest healing practices, massage therapy can improve your body, mind and spirit. Massaging your body's soft tissues not only relieves pain and helps you move easier; it also improves blood flow and circulation in the lymphatic system and helps you relax. Massage therapy can also help:
- Manage and reduce stress
- Relieve muscle tension
- Reduce swelling
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Improve your immune system
Types of Massage We Provide
Our licensed massage therapists are trained in medical and therapeutic massage. Each type of massage uses a specific technique on your muscles and soft tissues. Your massage therapist will work with you to determine the most effective type of massage for you. The types of massage we offer include:
- Deep-tissue massage – Releases chronic muscle tension by focusing on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and myofascia (tissues that surround and protect muscles, bones and joints)
- Hot stone therapy – Uses heated smooth, flat stones placed on key points on your body to help muscles relax. Your massage therapist may also use the stones to massage certain areas of the body.
- Myofascial release – Focuses on relieving pain by releasing tightness and tension in the myofascial tissues.
- Oncology massage – Massage modified to adapt to the complications of cancer and cancer treatment.
- Prenatal massage – A gentle massage during the second and last trimester to help relieve discomforts of pregnancy.
- Sports massage – Uses massage and stretching to relieve pain and restore movement of muscles and joints before, during and after exercise.
- Trigger-point therapy – Releases muscle tightness by applying pressure to trigger points (knots or tight bands in a muscle that are tender to the touch) with fingers, knuckles or elbows.
How to Schedule an Appointment
Massage sessions are available at Spartanburg Medical Center and Gibbs Cancer Center at Pelham:
Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Session times and rates include:
- 30 minutes $45
- 45 minutes $55
- 60 minutes $70
- 90 minutes $100
We do not offer massage therapy during the first trimester of pregnancy, and minors must be accompanied by an adult.