Are you looking for a way to make a difference in your community? Our locations in Spartanburg, Gaffney, Greenville or Union each hold an opportunity for you to become a hospital volunteer and help those in need. Healthcare volunteers are sometimes the first face a patient or family member sees, and their smiles welcome guests at a confusing, stressful or unhappy time. A quiet moment, a listening ear, a gentle word says "I'm here for you" – this is what volunteering at any of our locations is about. Volunteers create meaningful moments and play a positive role in the lives of patients, family members and visitors. We would love to have you volunteer at any of our locations.
COVID-19 Volunteer Update
Out of an abundance of caution, Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System has suspended all in-person volunteer activities in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Prospective volunteers are asked to complete the steps, below. Please note that applicants must be 18 years and older.
- Complete application/interview, and select the location in which you want to serve
- Complete a scheduled orientation
- Complete a health assessment through Employee Health
- Understand assignment in area of service
- Wear uniform and undergo training for assigned service area
- Provide a physician statement (Spartanburg Regional Hospice Only)
Our Way of Saying 'Thank You'
- Complimentary meals in on-campus café on work day
- Volunteer uniform
- Service recognition pins
- Celebrations and special events
- 20 percent discount in Pelham Medical Center’s Twig & Vine Gift Shop and Spartanburg Medical Center’s Corner 101 Gift Shop
- Free annual flu shot
- In-service training
- Opportunity to develop a lifelong association with hospital associates and other volunteers