Are you looking for a way to make a difference in your community? Our locations in Spartanburg, Gaffney, Greenville or Union each hold an opportunity for you to become a hospital volunteer and help those in need. Healthcare volunteers are sometimes the first face a patient or family member sees, and their smiles welcome guests at a confusing, stressful or unhappy time. A quiet moment, a listening ear, a gentle word says "I'm here for you" – this is what volunteering at any of our locations is about. Volunteers create meaningful moments and play a positive role in the lives of patients, family members and visitors. We would love to have you volunteer at any of our locations.
Prospective volunteers are asked to complete the steps, below. Please note that applicants must be 18 years and older.
- Complete application/interview, and select the location in which you want to serve
- Complete a scheduled orientation
- Complete a health assessment through Employee Health
- Understand assignment in area of service
- Wear uniform and undergo training for assigned service area
- Provide a physician statement (Spartanburg Regional Hospice Only)
Our Way of Saying 'Thank You'
- Complimentary meals in on-campus café on work day
- Volunteer uniform
- Service recognition pins
- Celebrations and special events
- 20 percent discount in Pelham Medical Center’s Twig & Vine Gift Shop and Spartanburg Medical Center’s Corner 101 Gift Shop
- Free annual flu shot
- In-service training
- Opportunity to develop a lifelong association with hospital associates and other volunteers