Thank you for your interest in joining the Family Medicine Residency Program with Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System.
- We accept applications only through ERAS. Do not submit applications through e-mail or fax. These applications will be discarded.
- We do not sponsor visas. We will work with ECFMG on J-1 visas.
- Twelve (12) PGY-1 positions are available
- Positions are through the NRMP (allopathic) Match (Program # 10981523)
- Positions are through the osteopathic match (Program # 169602)
- The deadline to submit your application through ERAS is December 30. You are welcome to apply after the deadline, but depending on the number of applications received we cannot guarantee that your application will be reviewed in time to set up an interview.
The Interview Process at Spartanburg Family Medicine Residency typically consists of the following:
- Meet with one or two current residents for dinner the night before
- Interview with different faculty members from obstetrics, pediatrics or internal medicine on the day of your scheduled interview
- Receive a tour of the hospital
- Lunch with several of the residents
Please note that the interview day can be tailor made to your specific interests. If you have a spouse and/or significant other we encourage them to come with you for your interview.
Intern for a Day Program
We know that medical students have a limited amount of time to gather information about the places they would like to train. With this understanding, we developed the "Intern for a Day" program. The goals of the visit are see, learn, and know. We can work with you to develop a program that is tailor made for your interests.
We believe that if you are able to see the Family Medicine (FM) Residency Program in action, you will realize that it is a great place to train. We believe that even after one day, you will come away with a better understanding of what our interns experience. Our current residents are more than happy to show you what a typical day is like as a trainee in Spartanburg.
You have a few short months to gather a large amount of information about different training programs. Our "Intern for a Day" allows you to learn about us without the filters of e-mail, telephone calls or brochures which may not give you a true picture. You will learn about the training, the people and the community first hand, and thereby be able to make a more informed decision about your future.
You need to know that the place you will be training at for three years is a good fit for you and will provide the best medical training there is to offer. By using the "Intern of the Day" program, we are hoping to solidify your decision in Family Medicine as well as provide you with an opportunity to "test drive" our Family Medicine program and the Spartanburg community. Whether it's for one day or one month, we're sure you'll find Spartanburg and our Family Medicine residents to be the best around!
Typical Schedule of Events
- Link up with resident in the morning for rounds on inpatient services
- Tour the facilities and meet faculty members
- Meet the Program Director
- Lunchtime CME conference
- Afternoon Family Medicine clinic
Offered during the months of February through October to those currently enrolled in a medical school. This is not available to those who have already graduated medical school.
Interested in our Intern for A Day program? Complete an application today!