Launching your nursing career is an exciting time, but it also can be a little frightening. At Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS), we are committed to providing new graduate nurses with a solid foundation to begin their careers.
Our Nurse Residency Program at SRHS is designed to transition new graduates from student to competent, professional nurses with the tools and skills needed to provide safe, quality care. The program provides support and education from experienced mentors in the field and enables participants to grow their knowledge, confidence, leadership and critical-thinking skills.
This year-long program includes:
- Monthly learning sessions covering topics such as communication techniques, patient safety, quality and a variety of other skills–based and patient care competencies.
- Group discussions.
- Active learning methods.
The Nurse Residency Program at SRHS is offered based on Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) competencies and Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes (KSA) tools. We offer excellent employment benefits.
How to Join
- Apply to a position in the unit(s) of your interest up to 6 months prior to graduation.
- Begin training in your home department upon receipt of your Registered Nurse license (after completion of SRHS orientation).
- You don't need to apply to our Nurse Residency program, it is a rolling program. You are automatically enrolled and will begin within your first few months of employment.
- Our Nurse Residency enhances the training you receive in your home department.
For questions or more information about the Nurse Residency Program, please call 864-560-7458 or email one of our Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System RN Recruiters.