Thank you for your interest in joining the Hospice and Palliative Care Fellowship Program with Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System.
By the end of this fellowship, participants will:
- Demonstrate competency in symptom control and end-of-life patient care
- Teach and model communication and collaboration skills
- Contribute to the field as an educator, clinician and researcher
- Exemplify professionalism, scholarship and compassion
- Complete a whole-person assessment to include spiritual, cultural and existential aspects of hospice and palliative medicine
- Evolve as a leader in advanced illness management
Candidates must have a MD or DO degree from an accredited medical school and have satisfactorily completed three postgraduate years of training at the time of appointment as a fellow in this training program. Eligible candidates must also have board eligibility or certification in one of the following specialties: internal medicine, family practice, pediatrics, psychiatry, neurology, oncology, anesthesiology, surgery or radiation oncology.
Ideal candidates will have:
- successfully completed training in an ACGME/AOA-accredited residency program.
- demonstrated abilities and interest in working with clinical care teams.
- demonstrated commitment to life-long learning.
- a clear and balanced personal and emotional strength, and the ability for self-reflection and personal growth in challenging situations.
- a strong passion to serve and lead in hospice or palliative medicine as clinician, researcher, or educator.
This year our program will be accepting applications only through ERAS. If you do not have account with ERAS, please create a new account. If you do, then login to start your application process.
We will need the following in the application:
- Three letters of recommendation — one of those should be from your residency director if you graduated from a residency in the last three years.
- Personal statement of why you wish to pursue a career in hospice and palliative medicine.
We will be interviewing August through October and we are looking forward to meeting all our applicants.