Diabetes and Endocrinology
Our practices have a dedicated and caring staff, which provides a complete program of prevention, diagnosis and treatment for individuals with diseases and disorders of the endocrine systems.
What is endocrinology?
Endocrinology is the medical specialty and study concerned with hormone production and dysfunction, such as:
- Adrenal disorders
- Diabetes mellitus
- High cholesterol
- Osteoporosis (bone softening)
- Pituitary disorders
- Thyroid issues (overactive or underactive)
Our care teams provide a complete program of prevention, diagnosis and treatment for individuals with endocrine and metabolic diseases, with special interest given to patients with diabetes mellitus.
Symptoms of Diabetes
The most common symptoms of diabetes include:
- Blurred vision
- Changes in weight
- Frequent urination
- Increased hunger
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased thirst
- Numbness (lack of feeling) in hands or feet
- Skin infections and/or dry, itchy skin
- Slow healing of cuts and scratches
- Weakness and fatigue
If these symptoms appear suddenly, you should see your doctor immediately.
In addition to diabetes education and treatment, we offer:
- Community screenings and educational programs
- Diagnosis and treatment of pituitary tumors
- Education for schools
- Hormone testing osteoporosis treatment
- Reading of bone density tests
- Thyroid evaluation, ultrasound and biopsy
- Treatment of cholesterol and lipid problems