Important features of Spartanburg Regional Heart Center are the special treatment and recovery units designed just for those with heart conditions.
Our specially trained, experienced nursing staff and the latest technology allow us to care for the most seriously ill patients on these units, including those who need heart surgery, heart procedures or tests, or emergency care.
With more than 80 beds, we have the technology and expertise our patients need — all in one, central location, including a:
- 10-bed Coronary Care Unit (CCU) for critically ill patients who had severe heart attacks and other serious conditions.
- 10-bed Cardiovascular Recovery Unit (CVRU) for patients immediately after heart, lung and vascular surgery.
- 22-bed observation unit primarily serving chest pain and syncope patients that require monitoring and further testing to determine if they need to be admitted or discharged for further follow-up on an outpatient basis.
- 32-bed Post-Cardiovascular Unit (PCVU) for patients with chest pain and congestive heart failure, and those who need surgery for heart, vascular and thoracic conditions.
- 32-bed Post-Coronary Care Unit (PCCU) for patients who need special heart monitoring due to chest pain or congestive heart failure, or after a heart catheterization or angioplasty and placement of a stent.
We also have progressive units for patients who are preparing for surgery, or might have recovered from surgery, but are not yet ready to return home. In these units, staff monitor patients through “telemetry” technology, which automatically sends vital health information to specially trained staff at a central nursing station.