Spartanburg Medical Center – Center for Rehabilitative Medicine
At Spartanburg Medical Center – Center for Rehabilitative Medicine, our team of experts guide patients through comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation programs that are customized to the unique needs of each individual. We are committed to helping our patients return to independent living as soon as possible.
The SMC – Center for Rehabilitative Medicine is an 18-bed inpatient unit that provides comprehensive rehabilitation services to patients with disabling conditions that require intensive and coordinated rehabilitation.
We are proud to be one of five facilities in South Carolina accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). CARF is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote quality services for people with disabilities, and others in need of rehabilitation.
CARF accreditation means we have demonstrated integration of nationally recognized standards to be a high quality and effective healthcare provider.
Our location advantage
The SMC – Center for Rehabilitative Medicine is a unique and comprehensive unit. Located inside the Spartanburg Medical Center – Mary Black Campus, we are a hospital within a hospital, which means we can provide for our patient’s medical needs in one location.
At our facility, patients have access to specialized hospital care if it is needed while they participate in our inpatient rehabilitation program. This allows them to be confident that their healthcare needs will be met while they focus on reaching their rehabilitation goals.
Supportive customized care that centers around you
Our inpatient rehabilitation facility utilizes a team approach for patient care, and you will be the most important member of your team. We will be with you every step of the way, to share in your challenges and celebrate your victories, until you return to a more independent way of life. Every patient at our facility receives compassionate care that is tailored to his or her unique goals and needs.
Our experts specialize in rehabilitative medicine
Each team consists of a rehab physician, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, rehabilitation nurses, psychologists, registered dietitians, case managers, and a variety of ancillary services and consultants.
Our facility is unique
While we have the distinct advantage of being located inside a hospital, the atmosphere in our inpatient rehabilitation facility is different. For instance:
- Our patients wear their own comfortable clothes daily, instead of hospital gowns.
- Each day is spent out of bed and participating in therapy and other activities that will improve independence and mobility.
- We have 24-hour rehab nursing care.
- Family training is important, and we encourage family participation in all aspects of your program. Families, or caregivers, are often involved in a patient’s care when they return home, so education is provided for them to help everyone be better prepared.
- Every day at our facility, our team of experts helps their patients work toward greater independence, and improved functional mobility, so they can safely return home.
We specialize in treating patients with the following conditions:
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Cerebrovascular accidents (CVA) – stroke
- Debilitating conditions
- Fractures of femur or hip
- Head trauma
- Hip replacements
- Joint replacements
- Knee replacements
- Multiple traumas
- Neurological conditions such as Guillain-Barre, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, polyneuropathy, and muscular dystrophy
- Pulmonary conditions including COPD
- Spinal cord injuries
Most insurance policies, including Medicare, cover all or a portion of the cost of our services. Before your admission, our staff will verify your benefits and answer any questions you may have.
The mission of the SMC – Center for Rehabilitative Medicine is to provide high-quality and effective rehabilitation services to individuals faced with the challenges of a disabling condition so they may return to their homes and community to live as happily, productively and independently as possible.
We have been providing excellent care for more than 30 years. To learn more about the Center for Rehabilitative Medicine, please call 864-573-3081.
News & Highlights
We are proudly accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for demonstrating the integration of nationally recognized standards to be a high quality and effective healthcare provider.