The Joe R. Utley Heart Resource Center offers individual and group education on heart disease prevention and management. Heart disease is the top cause of death in our country — however, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that 80 percent of these deaths are caused by preventable risk factors. This means you can take steps to significantly reduce your risk of a heart disease-related death.
Our goal at the Joe R. Utley Heart Resource Center is to help you identify your personal heart disease risk factors and give you the steps to take to improve your overall wellness. Our registered nurse and registered dietitian will work with you to develop a plan that meets your needs.
Our Heart Resource Center serves Spartanburg, Cherokee, Union and Greenville counties. We offer both one-on-one education and group presentations in churches, schools and other community organizations.
Heart Resource Center Services
Heart health is linked to the health of your brain, kidneys, pancreas, colon and gut, which is why we take a whole-body wellness approach. Our services include:
- Community screenings
- CPR education
- Free health and wellness resources (by advance request) for teachers, nurses, church members, or anyone who wants to share evidence-based information
- Group presentations
- Health Fair booths with interactive displays
- Health risk assessments by appointment
- Nutrition counseling by appointment to address high blood pressure, high cholesterol and weight loss
- Quarterly community grocery store tours, or groups of 5-8 may schedule a private tour
- Walk with Us monthly walking group
Visit our events page for information about upcoming programs.
Thanks to the generosity of Spartanburg Regional Foundation donors and the commitment of Spartanburg Regional Health System to promote health, all our services are provided free of charge. To donate to the Heart Resource Center, visit RegionalFoundation.com.