About Spartanburg Regional Hospice
Spartanburg Regional Hospice has been serving patients and families since 1980. We are one of the longest-serving programs in South Carolina, offering specialized physical, emotional, and spiritual support to patients and their loved ones. The goals of hospice care are to enhance quality of life – caring for the “whole person,” not just the illness.
We provide excellent quality care throughout Spartanburg, Greenville, Cherokee and Union counties in the patient or primary caregiver’s home, our Hospice Home, an assisted-living facility, a nursing home or wherever else a person calls “home.”
Our Hospice Team
As part of an integrated healthcare system, Spartanburg Regional Hospice is able to offer the most comprehensive quality care available. Our team includes:
- A full-time medical director and hospice-trained physicians
- Registered nurses
- Certified wound-care nurses
- Patient-care technicians
- Hospice-trained chaplains
- Licensed medical social workers
- Trained volunteers
- Massage therapists
- Many other support services associates
Why Choose Us?
Not all hospice programs are the same. Reasons you may want to consider Spartanburg Regional Hospice include:
- Experience: Spartanburg Regional Hospice was the first hospice to be established in the Upstate more than 40 years ago. Care is provided by a tenured team with years of experience.
- Quality: Spartanburg Regional Hospice is the only hospice in the area that is affiliated with a healthcare system.
- Full-service: We offer a full-service, 15-bed inpatient facility called the Spartanburg Regional Hospice Home for times when the patient’s medical condition warrants a short-term inpatient stay for pain control or symptom management that cannot feasibly be provided in other settings.
- Nonprofit: We are a nonprofit hospice program and provide services to all eligible persons regardless of ability to pay.
- A team approach: Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our hospice team works closely with patients, their families and their personal physicians to develop and coordinate an individualized plan of care for each patient. Each member of the team is specially trained in end-of-life care.
- Patient and Family Satisfaction: Spartanburg Regional Hospice is consistently recognized as a best superior performer by Strategic Healthcare Programs.
- CMS Hospice Compare
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine Fellowship: Spartanburg Regional offers a fellowship program for a physician who is interested in learning more about hospice and palliative care.