Spartanburg Regional Hospice is designed to provide care for the whole family. We know that as a caregiver, you are faced with intense emotions and stress during this difficult journey. Our compassionate, highly trained team is here to support you.
We offer a variety of resources for caregivers:
- Spartanburg Regional Hospice Home, our dedicated hospice hospital that provides short-term respite care to allow caregivers a chance to physically and emotionally re-charge.
- Bereavement support for 13 months after the loss of a loved one
- Short-term grief counseling with a social worker or chaplain
- Referrals to community resources
- Educational forums
- Books and other resources for all ages from our bereavement library
Our bereavement services have a multidisciplinary approach: A member of our team – such as a social worker, chaplain or nurse – will call your family within a few days after your loved one has passed away. The primary caregiver will receive several phone calls for the first 13 months after a loss. In addition to phone calls, caregivers receive information by mail. Support is just a phone call away, and families are invited to call our office anytime they need support.
We also have special events throughout the year to honor hospice patients and their families. Hospice families and caregivers receive an invitation by mail to these services:
- Service of Remembrance: Every few months, we host a memorial service for hospice patients’ families to reflect on and honor the memory of the deceased. These services provide a space and intentional time where families gather for emotional and spiritual support.
- Light Up a Life: The Spartanburg Regional Foundation holds an annual event every December that honors and memorializes loved ones through reading of names, special music and a balloon release.
Family members can also choose to memorialize or honor a special individual through a gift to the Spartanburg Regional Foundation. Your loved one’s name is engraved on a leaf, then placed on the Tree of Memory inside the Spartanburg Regional Hospice Home.