Spartanburg Regional Sleep Center - Cherokee Medical Center
A sleep study is performed to gather the information needed to diagnose a sleep disorder. This is done overnight in a private room at one of our three nationally accredited sleep centers, or with a home sleep study. We identify your sleep patterns by monitoring your oxygen, heart, brain and breathing. Once the sleep study is complete, we recommend the most appropriate treatment to address your needs.
Sleep patients will park in the employee parking lot on the side of Cherokee Medical Center. Sleep patients will meet their technician at the Employee Entrance door at 7:45pm. This door is located on the side of the building.
If you are late, please call 864-487-1660 as soon as possible.
We are participating providers for most medical insurance plans. Before your sleep study, our sleep center staff will obtain your insurance information from your referring provider and contact your insurance company for authorization.
If you have questions about fees, the billing customer service team at Spartanburg Regional will be glad to assist you at 864-596-1001 or 800-281-5346.
- Arrive with clean and dry hair – no hair product, braids, weaves, sewn-in hair pieces or extensions.
- Remove all makeup. Washcloths and towels are available to remove any remaining makeup or lotion before the study begins.
- Bring pajamas or a t-shirt and shorts to sleep in. Do not wear silk, slippery pajamas or tight leggings. We will need to access your lower legs with monitoring devices.
- Do not bring jewelry or valuables.
- Pillows are provided. However, you are welcome to bring your own pillow and/or blanket.
- Remove acrylic, gel or heavily painted nail polish from one index finger for the oxygen sensor.
- Please take your medication as prescribed by your physician. If your medications make it unsafe for you to drive, please do not take them until you are at the sleep lab.
- Please bring a snack if you need food with your bedtime medications.
- If you were prescribed a sleeping aid for the study, please do not take it until you are directed by your technician.
- Please bring all necessary diabetic supplies.
- We do not have any medications at the sleep lab.