PGY2 Critical Care Pharmacy Residency
The purpose of the PGY2 Critical Care Pharmacy Residency program is to prepare critical care pharmacy specialists who are qualified for medical critical care, trauma/surgical critical care and emergency medicine positions. This residency program facilitates the development of the resident’s skills in the critical care environment with increased autonomy and responsibility for managing patient care, precepting pharmacy students and residents, and involvement with practice management projects and clinical research. Graduates of this program are eligible for attainment of board certification in critical care pharmacy.
- Exposure to academic medical training in a community-based hospital setting
- Ten required core rotations, including one Orientation rotation and one Research rotation
- Flexible scheduling
- Opportunity to complete teaching certificate program
- Every third weekend clinical staffing
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) membership
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) membership
- Travel to ASHP Midyear
- Travel to and present at Southeastern Residency Conference (SERC)
- $52,000/year stipend
- 25 days paid time off (including six holidays, four sick days, five professional days and 10 vacation days)
News & Highlights
Did you know we also offer a PGY1 pharmacy residency?